Friday, September 21, 2012

The Shrimp is Only the Vessel


This Blog is dedicated to my brother Colton.
Today is his Birthday.
Colton has been my best friend since I was born. 
He has been my confidant and therapist all growing up.
Some of the best times I've ever had in my life were because of him. I have cried on his shoulder more times than I can count. No one has hurt me as often or rescued me as much as he has. 

When we were kids we always played together, whether Barbies or GI Joes we had our parts to play and no one ever could get the characters right but us.
Our favorite was, of course, the JP men. Action figures for the movie Jurassic Park.We played with them the most and at every home home we lived in.
 It didn't matter what friends we made,  where we lived, or who we were with, we always had time for each other.

There are things in my life that Colton has taught me that I will never forget. The top of the list is that The Shrimp is Only the Vessel. It's something that started as such an ordinary statement and has led to a thousand philosophical discussions. All you really have to do is ask yourself is 'what does it mean?' And your mind opens up.

 He taught me to think of others. He taught me to be fair. It's because of him that I know how to forgive. 

Colton also taught me about courage. Courage to do what's right no matter what people say, or think. Colton has, at times, given in to things...but when it came down to things that were important he somehow managed to face whatever the world might throw at him.

He taught me Life is a Memory. When we die that is all we take with us. So make it worth remembering.

He taught me You can't be Charitable with Other Peoples Charity.

He told me, Taia, You are A Good Person. And he is the only people would ever believe.

As I am in Ukraine... You are having a once in a life time Experience so have once in a life time Experiences.

And many many more Throughout my life. But perhaps the most important one is this;
 Taia, the Book of Mormon is True. Everything in this Book is True. It all Happened.

Thank you for always being there for me. And never letting me hold myself back.

You are my best friend since birth. I promise not to miss you. Take care of that beautiful daughter of yours. Let her know how amazing her father really is.
See you in December.

Sincerely 

Harpoon "Harris" Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment