Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moving out and moving on

So I am in the process of moving my 3 story house worth of stuff into one bedroom and a shared living space... Hard? Yes. Not so much psyically, since my brother and freinds are doing all the heavy lifting, but emotionally. As my brother pointed out, I have never had to give up anything I wanted to keep...I know I sound like a spoiled brat and while I am spoiled I like to think I'm not a brat...
Well, today was the first step, getting everything "big" to fit into the tiny room. I had to forgo my eliptical (Sad. I never really used it but now I will never get the chance) and the second bed I was going to put in my room will now be sent to a friend who is bedless at the moment along with my couch and some chairs. UGH! I hate not taking my things with me!
What will I do with my stuff? I can barly fit my fruniture in and yet I have boxes and boxes of STUFF that is yet to be divided up.... How do people do this? How do they let go???
I have pictures to go on walls, but not enough walls! I have lights, I have dishes, I have decorations all of which I want! I want to live here with my citrus trees and my shop and my piles of boooks and journals and I just can't do it! I may go crazy.....
Well everyone pray for the spoiled little rich girl who gets attached to things more than people.
I can get rid of people, no problem. Well some people. I bet I could easily fit ALL the people I refuse to get rid of in that little bedroom and still have room to spare. But ask me to give up my stuff and I'd rather have to climb over my dresser to get to my door then give it up....
Hum....Well, While I try and get my priorities straight, think of the things you can't live without. Are they people or things?

No comments:

Post a Comment