Tuesday, December 20, 2011

3 miles...1 hour

So as part of my goals to "become" a finisher I have been walking 3miles everyday-ish.
Now when I say walking I mean Walking... I wanted to start out running but took one jiggly bounce forward and realized that was not happening any time soon!
So I walk my 3 miles going down 3 differnet sections on the canal and I want to get the most out of it so I get my mine on the workout focus on breathing in through the nose out the mouth. Chanting in my head things like: I fat is melting off my body, air is inters easily into my lungs and my heart pumps blood effortlessly!
Well as I a stungling to to not get winded as I do this. A runner my hight with, I kid you not, 0% bodyfat. She sprints right passed me doesn't even notice! Then as I watch disapaer into the distance I notice she takes the canal that is blocked off at the other end and I know she is going to have to turn around. ( I don't know if she knew that or not) so I make my way down to the side of the canal that pops out near my house and I took maybe 10 steps on this canal before I see her! She had already gone don to the end and turned around and passed me going the other direction before I even made to the passed the little gate thing!!! I was, as I'm sure you would, discouraged! I kept walkling chanting to myself...But ready I was ready to clothesline the twing! So I will now be walking at a diffrent time of day. that is until I can make my 3 miles in 15min instead of an hour....Well this is just a step right I will have many more on my jounry to health. I will be that skinny little runner who we all hate to see....well I will have still have my girly curves (thats part of my chant:) but will someday be happy to run 3 miles. I can't wait for the day!
So this is one way t o get motivation! What is something that has motivated you?

No comments:

Post a Comment